Friday 5 October 2012

This is a pair of Chrono-Duality Spectro Goggles. They are an essential tool for ghost hunters, time travellers, and 3D moviegoers, due to their ghost detecting properties, ability to see through time, and red and cyan lenses, respectively.
I aquired this pair from a time traveller that tried to kill me yesterday. Something about an evil overlord, probably not important. After checking that the plasma burns did not damage the goggles, I immediately began testing their abilities. My magicascope showed they had no aura, and due their exceptional property of being from the future, I assume they work using super nano technology.
When I tried them on, the first thing I noticed was the starving young girl I could now see in front of me. Apparently, she had been sealed below the floor of my house as a sacrifice to the railway gods, with the intention of making the trains run on time. We conversed a bit, but unfortunately I learned nothing of note. Probably due to all her hideous wailing.
Next, I tested the goggles' dual-chronological nature. I peered back one hundred and thirty years to when the unfortunate girl met her fate. People wore funny hats back then. As much as I would have liked to look back to when dinosaurs walked the Earth, at that length of time in difference I would have had to take into account continental drift, and that would just have been annoying. I mean seriously. Why can't countries just stay in the same place?
Finally, I tested their ability to watch a movie in 3D. I managed to find a good movie with Anaglyph 3D edited in (no easy task). Unfortunately, the two lenses were not in temporal sync. I will never watch Reservoir Dogs the same way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment