Friday 16 November 2012


This simple twig is nothing of the sort. This stick was taken from the Yggdrasil itself, and I estimate its severing caused the destruction of at least three galaxies. I don't really care, I didn't know anyone in them.
First, a brief lesson on the Yggdrasil. The Vikings considered it a "World Tree", but in truth it is more of universe tree. Likely some drunken Norseman caught a glimpse of a branch and thought it was the whole thing. Anyway, contained within the tree is the entire universe, which at the same time makes up the tree, like a container containing itself. It's kinda confusing.
A war was fought between the molepeople and humans for the Yggdrasil sometime in the second millenium B.C.E. During the fighting, a couple of arrows stuck the Yggdrasil, causing mass genocide via exploding galaxies. Eventually, the humans drove the molepeople back into their underground caverns, and claimed the tree for their own. Both sides had good reason to want the tree; for no magic wand can be made without wood from its branches.
And now you know the terrible secret behind magicians, for every rabbit from a hat, every woman sawed in half, is payed for many times over by the death of billions as their homes are ripped from the great tree's bark. Some might call me a hypocrite for taking wood myself, but I am not using this wood for cheap tricks, I am using it for SCIENCE!
Well, my wordcount's still pretty low, and I have nearly half an hour left. I might as well tell you how I got this twig. After writing about the magicascope, I left my home for the woods. There, I called upon my spirit animal, a Deinonychus, and he led me deep within the forest. I took out my divining rod, and walked for days until I found the saphire staircase. I took out my sledgehammer and held the stairway to ransom until Magic Tom agreed to show the tree. Then, I ripped off a branch and went home.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment